Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Soft Pretzels (Susan)


Ohhhhh, don't you just love the taste of hot pretzles fresh from the oven?

Wouldn't it be grand to know how to make these for home or a party? I'll be trying my hand at this with the help of a friend. Feel free to help me shape these or make your own. This "project" is my snack to share, so whether you help or not, you'll get to have one.

Ingredients needed are as follows:
  • 1 1/2 c. warm water

  • 1 pkg. dry yeast

  • 4 c. flour

  • 1 tsp. sugar

  • 1 tsp. salt

  • 1 egg

  • 1 tbsp. flour

Go here at Cooks to view the instructions.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

These are easy and fun to make. When I worked in peds my room had a 4x10 bulletin board that I loved changing out every couple months for the kids. One of my most popular features was a pretzel recipe that I copied from My Big BackYard or Ranger Rick for making pretzel animals. The kids could make the dough with mom and shape into whatever they wanted to and had so much fun! I made them with kids from church too. Now I need to make them with my kids.

Anonymous said...

Too bad you won't be here to show us how to make these things. I like the idea about making pretzel animals.

Let us know how it works out making pretzels with your kiddos.